Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Something #New In The Works



Hey Everyone!! :-)

I just wanted to give you all an update on what I've been up to lately.  Right now, Intrinsic Connections is being edited. I still hope to be able to release it before the end of this month, but I can't promise because I'm having to work around different people's schedules. But keep your fingers crossed, because there's still a good chance it will be out this month. :-)

When I'm not working at my day job, or busy dissecting and rebuilding Intrinsic Connections, I've started working on a new project.  Don't worry, the third Petri book will still be written, and I have a couple more Spellbound Hearts stories to tell as well. But this book has been clawing at my brain, screaming to get out, so I'm giving in to the pressure and writing it next. I'm actually kind of excited, and I hope you all will think it's worth a little delay in the others. :-)

To, hopefully, pique your interest, I'll post the prologue to the new story below.  And I'd be absolutely ecstatic if you'd leave a comment telling me what you think. :-)

Excerpt From Untitled Sci-Fi Satire Novel:

Prologue

"You want to do what, now?"

The short guy with the clipboard looked up from what he was writing. "I need to inspect your genitals."

"Are you out of your mind?"

The guy cocked his head at me, quite a feat since he didn't have much of a neck to speak of. "Miss, you know the rules. If you want to use a public lavatory, you must submit to having your genitals inspected first. How else can we be sure that you are entering the correct facility for your gender?"

"You are not 'inspecting my genitals;' you must be out of your ever-loving mind. I would rather pee my pants."

The guy made a notation on his clipboard. Actually, it wasn't a clipboard, it was some kind of high-tech tablet kind of thing. But it looked like a clipboard, so that's what I called it.

"Interesting. We didn't think you'd object. Based on the vociferosity of those promoting such regulations, we thought they must have near universal support."

I gaped at him. "Look, bub, almost no one likes those rules. It's basically just a handful of religious zealots who have taken control of our government by doing the bidding of the wealthy who think that those rules are a good idea."

"You truly have an odd form of leadership. Very well, if you have need of the facilities, please use them. We have much to cover today."

I rolled my eyes. "Thank you. I'm so happy we've managed to move past your desire to see me in my altogether."

As I walked past him towards the door to the bathroom, I heard him mumble, "As if I actually had any wish to view the vulva of an over-evolved ape."

I think he might even have shuddered, but it was hard to tell since he lacked any kind of skeleton. It might have just been a breeze moving through the room. I rolled my eyes again anyway. Apparently, no one had ever told him that the proper place for squid is dusted in flour, deep fried, and served over spaghetti.

But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Hi. My name is Alyce, and boy did I ever end up on the other side of the looking glass. It's quite a story, so let me start at the beginning.




No comments:

Post a Comment