Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 547


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Five-Hundred-Forty-Seven:
Today, my hominid-servant introduced the infant felid to the narcotic herb she uses when she wishes to pacify us. Fortunately, I saw her coming and was able to maintain a sufficient distance to avoid its irresistible aroma. This allowed me to study the effects of the substance absent the distortions inherent with intoxication.

At first, I thought the infant felid was less susceptible to the herb's effects, as he seemed to ignore it. However, once it caught him in its siren's scent, he abandoned himself to wallowing around in it. I made careful observations of the changes in his mood and behavior as well as measured any physiological effects that it had. I believe this data will be useful since I am unable to record my own responses when in the thrall of its influence.

The tiny beast's reactions were consistent with my own, albeit hazy, memories of my encounters with the herb. At first, he rubbed his face against the pile of dried leaves repeatedly, eventually extending this to his entire body. He also ingested a fair amount of the substance, though more became entangled in his fur. Once he was fully saturated with the herb, he raced aimlessly from one end of my domicile to the other, making odd, disorganized vocalizations the entire time. Eventually, the final stages of intoxication set in and he collapsed into an exhausted slumber, where he remained for several hours. When he awoke, he did not seem to have suffered any ill effects from the experience, though his immediate trip to the feeding station indicates that it left him feeling hungry.
It is my hope that DPCIL will be able to use this information to create an antagonist for this substance that will allow DPCIL agents to function in its presence. Still, a single data point is not terribly revealing. Hopefully, my hominid-servant will utilize the drug to control the small pest in the future, so that I may gather more data.

Oh, my! She's drugging them again! At least Agent Thoth has a use for this outrageous behavior. ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment