Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 527


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Five-Hundred-Twenty-Seven:
As I discussed in my last entry, there is a recent development that is negatively affecting my ability to obtain sufficient rest. Per my description, I enjoy sleeping under the textile my hominid-servant covers herself with while at rest, but on top of her body. In this way, I attain maximum warmth and comfort.

However, the infant felid seems incapable of comprehending the advantages of this arrangement. When I am trying to sleep, he either lies on top of the portion of the textile that covers me, or he pounces on me and strikes me with his tiny paws through the textile. Naturally, I do not suffer any injury from this, but it does make it impossible for me to rest.

I have tried explaining to the small pest what my preferences are in this regard and why but, as I said, he seems unable to comprehend. I have even offered to share my hominid-servant's lap with him, if he would but choose a different section of it on which to recline himself. However, my attempts at negotiation have gone unheeded. If he continues to disturb my rest in such a way, I will have no choice but to resort to violence. Which will undoubtedly distress my hominid-servant.


Poor Agent Thoth! He never seems to be able to catch a break when it comes to that pesky infant felid. ;-) You may have noticed that Agent Thoth has a new look. I hope you like his new picture as much as I do, but I'd love to hear your thoughts, either way. Feel free to let me know what you think in the comments. ;-) Happy reading, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment