Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Okay, What's Next? ;-)


Hey Everyone!!

Guess what? I've finished the first draft of the second book in the Petri Dish Chronicles! :-)  I've also got a title to share with you, and it is... Duhn, Duhn, Duhn!... Intrinsic Connections!  I also have a cover that I'll be sharing with you soon, so stay tuned. ;-)

What does all this mean? Well, it means I have to go back through the book and edit it, and then send it off to an editor to edit, and then go back through again and make those changes, and then send it to my beta readers to polish it up, and then make those changes. So...it will probably be at least another month, maybe two, before I let the rest of you see it. But, in the meantime, I'll be sharing little peeks. ;-)

Excerpt from Intrinsic Connections, book two in the Petri Dish Chronicles:
Daji glared at her for several more heartbeats. Finally, he turned back to the control panel. "If you have access to the resources that you claim, I cannot stop you. But I will not be a party to potentially starting a pandemic. You may depart at our next port of call; what you do after that is your own affair. I wash my hands of you."

Sighing, Petri closed her eyes. It wasn't the resolution that she wanted, but it was a resolution. She felt Chessie squeeze her hand again, and she opened her eyes and smiled at her friend, squeezing back.

Knowing that Chessie would be with her gave Petri the strength to straighten her spine and sit up in her chair. Daji may have gotten her off Upworld, but that long ago day in an underworld alley had been her real salvation.


No comments:

Post a Comment