Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Monday, October 10, 2016

#NewRelease #PreOrder #Sale #Announcement: #Dragon Moon By Julie Nicholls!!

Dragon Moon Release!!


Hey peeps!!

I’m happy to announce that my (Julie Nicholls) latest Young Adult Fantasy, Dragon Moon is available for pre-order at the fabulously low price of 99c! This is a huge saving because from Thursday 13th October, the price will be $3.45 so get it while it’s on offer!


You want to know what the book is about, right?

Save the dragons, unite the races, no sweat.

I’m nineteen and wish I had a clue about my future. Instead of my own bed, this morning I woke in the strange land of Lur Neval. My name is Scarlett, but the Nevalese call me Dragon Mage. Seems it’s my job to preserve the all-important dragons and oh, while I’m here, bring peace to the warring clans. Piece of cake if I can outwit Madoc, the manipulative, evil seer who wants every dragon destroyed. Whatever it takes, I’m here to fulfill my destiny under the light of the Dragon Moon.

…and of course, you want a sneaky peek…right?

Along the entrance way are the usual rows of tents and caravans where the gypsies promise to read your future--for a price. The inclination to visit a psychic has never been on my to-do list. It’s not that I don’t believe it’s possible to see the future, but I’m skeptical that it would be of any use. I arrive at the end of the strip and conclude the best, and probably most expensive, place to set up tent must be back at the start of the road. The last tent is tatty, faded, and quite frankly looks like a couple of old bedspreads thrown over a wooden frame. The lettering on the board leaning against a block of wood is barely readable. I can just make out a name in gold and red faded paint.
Dizelli - Psychic & Fortune Teller.
“Come in, child.”
A woman’s voice speaks from inside the tent. I don’t want this. Rudeness isn’t something I practice, but I don’t want to pay for a string of lines that start with “Your destiny waits.”
“I know what you are thinking, Scarlett...come inside. I have something for you.”
Now she has my interest. After moving the large purple rug hanging across the doorway to the side, I step inside and wrinkle my nose. That smell is not by Dolce & Gabbana.
There are candles burning all around in holders made from what looks like bones. Not attractive, I can tell you. It’s a bit dingy but there’s no way I can miss her, or I should say her hair. And I thought I had problems!
The plump lady is sitting in the middle of the floor on top of fur rugs and cushions. She’s dark-skinned and has the craziest hair I’ve ever seen--black with silver streaks. It’s wild and looks as though it’s never had a brush or comb through it.
I can’t stop gawping around the tent. There are various bones and objects dangling from the walls and ceiling. Claws. Very big claws are all tied together and I think teeth too. They’re huge so they can’t be real, right?
“Sit.”
She points at the floor in front of her and I hesitate because, well...who knows what’s crawling in those furs.
“Do it!”
She’s a bit bossy, but I’m intrigued how she knows my name so, with my chin held high, I sit as commanded.
“Your destiny awaits, Scarlett, and we have no time to lose!”
Here we go.
“Time is not on our side and you must embrace your future,” she continues.
“Okay. Is it going to be good?”
“Good is not a word I would use; however, if it is excitement you long for, you shall have it.”
You know how I roll my eyes when my mother speaks? Well, I have the same desire to do it now.
I’m fascinated, though, by the way she’s swaying from side to side with her head wobbling like one of those dogs you have on the dashboard of your car. Uh-oh...wait for it...
“You are special, Scarlett.”
Yup.
“I know you are skeptical, but you should listen to my words.”
She puts her right hand into the box by her side and pulls out a long gold chain with a medallion hanging from it.
I’m listening.
“This is for you. It is ONLY for you.”
“I really don’t have the money to pay for an obviously expensive gold necklace.”
“There is no charge. It is yours, by right.”
“Really? What’s the catch?”
We all know there is one, don’t we?
“Take it, Scarlett. Wear it when you take to your bed tonight.”
“Is it going to make my neck turn green?” I’m sorry. I just couldn’t hold it in anymore, together with a giggle.
“You will see...do as I say.”
She’s dangling the pendant right in front of my nose, and I’m drawn instantly to the image of a dragon flying over a circle on the side facing me. She twists it around and on the other side is a rearing horse, and the circle behind it is definitely the sun as it has rays coming out of it. It’s quite beautiful and not tacky at all.
“Take it!”
I do, reluctantly, because I’m still waiting for the “cross my palm with silver” line, but it doesn’t come. Instead she pushes up from the floor and sweeps the covering over the door to the side.
“Leave. Now.”
“But...”
“Go and await your destiny, Dragon Mage. We will meet again.”
I do as she asks and step outside. Glancing over my shoulder, I’m about to ask what she means by Dragon Mage, but she isn’t there and has returned inside. The pendant in my hand glimmers, and I toy with the notion of wearing it. I stash it quickly into my bag instead and try to put it out of my thoughts.



Don’t forget it’s available at the ridiculous price of 99c until release day which is 
Thursday 13th October, 2016

Go get it!



2 comments: