Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

#Agent Thoth's #Personal Log: Day 297


Hey Everyone! :-)

Agent Thoth discusses more of the trials and tribulations associated with living with hominids. Incidentally, if you've missed Agent Thoth's earlier entries, you can find them here: Thoth's Journal


Department for the Preservation and Confirmation of Intelligent Life (DPCIL)
Agent Thoth's Personal Log

Day Two-Hundred-Ninety-Seven:
As I've mentioned before, my domicile is not properly scaled to one of my stature. After extensive reflection, I have concluded this is an unavoidable inconvenience due to the size disparity between my hominid-servant and myself. It would not be possible for her to function in a space that was scaled to a being of my size, and it is possible, though not ideal, for me to function in a space that is scaled to her. Since I do require her services, I am, unfortunately, going to have to endure the inconvenience.

That being said, the horizontal platforms my hominid-servant has provided at varying heights within the space do help me navigate the higher levels of my domicile. Unfortunately, she has developed the habit of leaving random objects on these surfaces, which impede my pathways. I have attempted to draw her attention to this problem by knocking these objects onto the floor, but she becomes unreasonably irritated by this type of action. Perhaps, with reinforcement, she will be able to grasp the difficulty I am attempting to communicate to her.

Sounds like Agent Thoth is still working on training his servant. ;-)  Now that you've all gotten to know him a bit, I was wondering what your opinions might be as to how he looks?  Is he long-haired? Short-haired? Somewhere in the middle?  Is he a particular breed of kitty or is he a moggy?  What color is he?  I'll be putting up polls on the side of this blog to pick various aspects of his appearance and I hope you'll all weigh in. Once we've got the particulars settled, I look for a picture to match. :-)

To vote in a poll, either vote directly or comment with your vote on any Agent Thoth post with your choice of the trait being voted on at that time. :-)  Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment