Who Is Mistral Dawn?

Mistral Dawn is a thirty-something gal who has lived on both coasts of the US but somehow never in the middle. She currently resides in the Southeast US with her kitty cats (please spay or neuter! :-)) where she works as a hospital drudge and attends graduate school. Taken By The Huntsman is her first effort at writing fiction and if it is well received she has ideas for several more novels and short-stories in this series. Please feel free to visit her on FaceBook or drop her a line at mistralkdawn@gmail.com

Monday, August 1, 2016

#Interview With Newland Moon!


Hey Everyone!!

Today Newland Moon is here to tell us all some exciting news! But first, Newland,will you tell us the name of your latest book and what inspired it?

Newland: The title of my latest novel is Rites of Heirdron. It’s a compilation of many different influences and genres. I’ve always had a love of Science Fiction and Fantasy. Rites of Heirdron allowed me to combine those loves and add an impassioned romantic element.

Me: Those are my two favorite genres too! :-)  What are you working on now?

Newland: I’m currently finishing the succeeding novel for Rites of Heirdron. It wasn’t a planned book. However, everyone who read the first book kept asking about a second. There’s more to explore, so, I decided to see where Zrahnz and Melanie would lead me.

Me: It's wonderful when one idea leads to another. Yay muse! ;-)  What are you reading now?

Newland: I just started reading Demon Within by Julie Nicholls. It has been sitting on my kindle for a month and I finally have time to sit back and enjoy it.

Me:  That's one of my favorite books! :-)  For those who might consider reading your book, what would you tell them to expect?

Newland:  Rites of Heirdron is categorized as a sci-fi fantasy erotic romance. However, my deeper love of epic fantasy led the way. My characters are multidimensional, flawed, and relatable. Some parts will enrage you while others will tug at your heartstrings. The plot is layered and well developed with several twists that may surprise many. I love to add those tiny elements throughout to keep the reader guessing and turning pages. The romantic element is also throughout. It doesn’t consume the plot, but it is interwoven, yet not overly so. The romance is crucial, but it is only a part of the larger concept. It’s my hope that I have delivered a well-balanced novel that will satisfy the reader. Rites of Heirdron is a compelling tale of love, honor, betrayal, abhorrence, heartbreak, healing, and love. In addition, it all takes place in the magnificent Ahmezurhran Galaxy.

Me:  Sounds awesome! :-) What is your favorite part of being an author?

Newland:  I love creating new worlds, new species, and new languages.

Me: I agree, world-building is a lot of fun. :-)  Do you have a day job as well?

Newland:  Oh, yes. I have my nine to five and little ones as well.

Me:  Busy, busy, busy.  What are the hardest and easiest parts about being a writer?

Newland:  The hardest part is finding the time to sit down and write. I keep notepads with me at all times and use my phone as well.  The easiest part is when you have that rhythm and it all just flows. It’s a wonderful feeling.

Me: Yes, it's amazing when the words just come.  What genre do you place your book in?

Newland:  Sci-Fi Fantasy Romance

Me.  Cool!  Who designed your cover?

Newland:  I have been extremely fortunate to find some wonderful ladies to work with. The Fabulous Julie Nicholls designed my cover and made all of my promos. Morgan Smith edited Rites and both are talented authors as well.

Me:  Julie Nicholls is awesome! :-)  Now, for your news! What would you like to tell all these fine people? ;-)

Newland:  Rites of Heirdron was accepted by Kindle Scout for a possible publishing contract! It is an exciting time and I am both humbled and honored. If I may, I would like to invite your readers to visit my page and read an excerpt. If they enjoy Rites of Heirdron, I hope that they will click the “nominate me” button. If I receive a contract, they will receive a FREE advanced copy of Rites of Heirdron!

https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/2H1YM4ROGQFBE

Me: Wonderful!!  I've already nominated it and I'm looking forward to my free copy. :-)  Are there any other links you'd like me to post?

Newland:  Yes. Please.

https://www.facebook.com/Newland.Moon/

https://twitter.com/Newland_Moon

https://newlandmoonblog.wordpress.com/

https://youtu.be/VfzvQMW6bWE

Thank you for the fantastic interview! It has been my pleasure “chatting” with you and your followers.

Me:  You're quite welcome, and thank you, Newland! I wish you all the luck in the world in getting that publishing contract! :-)  Everyone else, thank you so much for joining us and please remember to check back tomorrow for the latest in Mistral Dawn's Musings! :-)


4 comments: